Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The "All About Me" Book!

In preparation for my internship, I've been going crazy on Pintrest for beginning-of-the-year ideas. The "All About Me" book stood out to me. I remember last year the students being so interested in my life, mesmerized by the fact that I had a sister and a brother, or even that my favourite colour was purple. I know that this book will be a hit in the classroom, the best part being is that it doubles as reading material that can remain in the classroom library.


I added a table of contents because that is a feature within books that students learn about.


Just like in the original book (which you can find at http://yeehawteachingintexas.blogspot.ca/2012/06/teacher-autobiography-big-book.html), I have a few pages dedicated to my childhood, and several comprising of my elementary years, since that is what the students are going to relate to the most. I have a couple pages about my interests now, one dedicated to the children's literature that I enjoy, and fun facts about myself. 







I created this book using Blurb, an awesome program in which you can create your book (with their free software), upload it, and they ship it to you within a week. The price was reasonable as well. Furthermore, I can convert it into an ebook for free, and "play" the book over the projector to give the students a close-up view of its contents.

I can't wait to share this with my 3/4's on the first day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment